Grievance Redressal & Women's Harassment Cell
The committee of Grievance Redressal Cell & Women's Harassment Cell was constituted to ensure gender equality and gender justice. The cell is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by the students and staff about women grievance at the college.
The Purpose of the cell is to
- Promote healthy working environment to all female students and employess.
- Prevent sexual harassment and to promote the general well being female students and staff.
- Create a gender neutral workspace by organizing workshops and awareness programs.
The cell shall meet atleast twice in every academic year and the intervening period between the two meetings shall not exceed six months.
Members of Grievance Redressal & Women's Harassment Cell
|1.||Dr. C.P.S Prakash,Chairman||Principal, DSCE|
|2.||Dr. Poornima Nataraja,Coordinator||Professor and Head, Department of MCA, DSCE|
|3.||Dr. Hemalatha K G,Member||Professor and Head, Department of MBA, DSCE|
|4.||Dr. Amutha.S,Member||Professor, Department of CSE, DSCE|
|5.||Dr. Shubha Bhat, Member||Associate Professor, Dept. of CSE, DSCE|
|6.||Dr. Aruna Devi, Member||Associate Professor, Dept. of ME, DSCE|
Any woman employee/female student of DSCE shall have the right to lodge a complaint with any of the members of the Cell. An aggrieved student may also report to her proctor or any other senior lady faculty (confidante)
- The proctor/confidante will discuss the issue with the HOD and an appropriate solution is handled. If the grievance cannot be handled at the department level, it should be taken up to the Principal.
- The members of GR&WH cell will convene a meeting as per the directions of GR&WH cell chairman (Principal) and summon the complainant for a hearing (if necessary).
- Appropriate decisions are taken after deliberating on the issue.
- Any member found to have harassed another member or guest will be subject to appropriate disciplinary procedure/action.
Some safety tips to the women on campus must be aware of, to avoid unwanted situations.
- Do not walk alone in isolated areas of the institution.
- Avoid working till late night.
- Behavior and conduct of the cab /auto driver hired should be checked while traveling alone off campus.
- Share the auto/cab number with your family/friends.
- Ensure child lock is not activated before boarding the cab.
- Save helpline/emergency numbers on mobiles and use it during an emergency.
- Keep your family and friends informed of your whereabouts at regular intervals.
- Use latest Apps available for safety.