To enhance the reputation of Chemical Engineering department by imparting quality education through research, innovation, professional ethics & develop sustainable technologies for the benefit of society.
- To inculcate creativity in students for innovations and design of sustainable systems.
- To groom young professionals, with skills and ethics to meet regionaland global industrial challenges.
- To imbibe team work and leadership qualities in students to be successful entrepreneurs.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Apply the knowledge of basic sciences, mathematics and engineeringprinciples to identify, formulate and analyze Chemical Engineering and allied industrial problems as a successful employee/employer.
- Designprocesses and provide solutions for engineering problems with due consideration for environment, safety, society and waste minimization by appropriate technology and modern tools.
- Function effectively as researcherand an individual in multidisciplinary settings of engineering community and society.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1:Lead as process Engineers with skill and expertize in diverse fields of Chemical Engineering for economic growth and environment conservation.
- PEO 2: Contribute as Chemical Engineers for conceptualizing various engineering principles to further improve sustainable technologies.
- PEO 3: Pursue higher education with innovation, contributing to research and development through continuous learning.
- PEO 4: Exhibit leadership and entrepreneurial qualities for the welfare of society.
From the HOD's Desk:
Department of Chemical Engineering is one of the old Departments in DSCE, started in year 1982 with 30 intake, increased to 60 in 2007. Also M.Tech was started in the same year.
Department is accredited twice by NBA, once for 5 years. Department is recognized research center under VTU to pursue M.Sc. (Engg by Res) and PhD. It has well established laboratories.
Department has well qualified both, experienced and young faculty who have graduated from reputed institutions like NITK. The faculty as well as students take pride themselves in continually evolving in to well-rounded personalities.
Dr. R. Ravishankar
Professor & Head of the Department.
Phone : +91-80-42161740