To emerge as a center for imparting quality education with managerial competence, professional and ethical values to adapt to the constantly changing global scenario.
- M1: To create a learning environment for students to update their technical knowledge in industrial engineering & management through teaching learning process &research.
- M2: To establish Industry institute interaction for improving technical skills in Industrial engineering among students to pursue professional career including entrepreneurship.
- M3: To develop social engineering and managerial competence for students through co-curricular activities.
Program Specific Outcomes
Each student learning outcome maps to one of the program educational objectives (PEOs) as indicated in parenthesis following the outcome. Graduates of the program will
- PSO 1: Graduates should be able to adapt for an executive career in corporate world.
- PSO 2: Graduates should be able to design and develop enterprises and establish themselves as successful entrepreneurs.
- PSO 3: Graduates should be able to design and manage systems, processes and operations of different sectors of economy.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO1: Apply the principles of industrial engineering, mathematics to solve real world problems appropriate to the discipline
- PEO2: Apply current industry accepted industrial engineering skills and practices, new emerging technologies to understand, analyze, design, Implement and verify quality solutions.
- PEO3: Apply knowledge of industrial engineering technologies ethically for solving societal problems in the course of their career related activities.
- PEO 4: Exhibit teamwork and effective communication skills so as to be successfully employed, take up self-employment career, pursue higher education & research and demonstrate continuous learning.
A few years after graduation, graduates of Industrial Engineering & Management (IE&M) will:
From the HOD's Desk:
Welcome to the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management.
Set up in 1984 as an interdisciplinary program, the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) at DSCE was one of the unique department to leverage the analytical education of engineers in the training of management professionals.
The department currently has 12 faculty members with 3 Ph.Ds from reputed universities within and outside India, having interests in diverse fields such as quantitative and statistical decision modelling, operations and supply management, manufacturing systems, finance, marketing, economics, analytics, infrastructure, IT, Innovation, Intellectual Property Management and knowledge management.
Dr. H Ramakrishna
Professor & Head
Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
Phone : +91-80-42161741