- Biodegradable Plastics: a report on the commercial manufacturing of bags from natural starch, vegetable oil derivatives and vegetable waste.
- Tree-free paper to make the world a better place: a report on a paper manufacturing company that lays emphasis on tree conservation and water preservation.
- Delightful.Earth-friendly: a report on a Bangalore based start-up whose goal is to rid the country of plastic .
- Eco-friendly architecture: a report on an architecture firm that designs and builds homes with an emphasis on eco-friendly design and the preservation of renewable resources.
AIM2FLOURISH - Published works
- Event: “The Pitch”
Date: 8th June, 2020
Attendees: Sem II (Batch 2019-21)
Faculty coordinator: Rahul G. Kargal
“The Pitch” was the finale event conducted on 8th June 2020. This marked the culmination of all semester long activities that took place as a part of the Venture Lab program. These activities included “Ideathon 2020” (an idea generation activity) and “Jugaad” (an online, real-time Business Quiz).
- DIGITAL MARKETING LAB
A 20-hour practical program where Sem II students plan-design- execute-measure social media campaigns. The course culminates with the students obtaining an official Google certificate from the “Google Digital Garage” in their chosen area of specilization, e.g. Google Ads, Google Analytics, Youtube, etc.
- Congratulations Shruthi S Murthy and Nikhil Agrawal, Your innovation story Re-Using Plastic to make Re-Tiles has been published on AIM2Flourish.com
- Students of DOMS-DSCE participated in RNSIT FEST- GESTIONE 2018 ‘Akshar’on 6/04/2018 and 7/04/2018 and secured overall championship in the fest.
- In the Finance event, our students Kalyani and Nikhila secured 1st place and Neha and Chandan 2nd Place
- In the HR event, our students Srinivas and Vrushali secured 1st place and Ashwitha and Kavana 2nd Place
- In the Marketing event, our students Mohith and Poorna Chandra secured 1st Place
- In the Cinepedia event, our students Deepak and Namitha and Madhurya secured 2nd Place
- Mr. Niranjan Bhat, Student of 2nd semester MBA, presented a paper titled "Being Digital-The next growth driver for MSMEs" at One Day National Conference at PES Degree College on 07-04-2018.
- Mr. Niranjan Bhat, Student of 2nd semester MBA, presented a paper titled "Being Digital-The next growth driver for MSMEs" at One Day National Conference at Dayananda Sagar University on 13-04-2018.
- Mr. Ganesh Datta L, Student of 4th semester MBA has delivered a TED talk at TEDxGlobalAcademy conference.
- Students of DOMS-DSCE participated in SIT Management FEST- ASHWAMEDHA 2K18 on 10/04/2018 and 11/04/2018 and secured the following awards in the fest.
- FINANCE – 1ST PLACE
- RASHMI A
- BUSINESS QUIZ – 3RD PLACE
- RAHUL SHERAWAT
- SYED AUSAF
- HUMAN RESOURCES – 1ST PLACE
- SOURABH K
- VINEET S HOLLA
- FINANCE – 1ST PLACE
- Students of DOMS-DSCE participated in PRESIDENCY COLLEGE-INFINITO 2018’on 13/04/2018 and secured the following awards in the fest.
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT TEAM 1ST PLACE
- ALIYA SABA
- CHAITRA N JOSHI
- MOHAMMED SHAKEEB BASHA
- DIPANJAN DATTA
- FINANCE – 2nd PLACE
- KETANA BHAT
- KAVANA GOUDA
- HUMAN RESOURCES – 2nd PLACE
- VRUSHALI PANT
- SRINIVAS NAIK
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT TEAM 1ST PLACE
- Pranav 2nd Semester MBA student secured first prize in the Best Manager event at SDM Institute of Technology on 02-03-2018
- Poorna Jiddha G , Shweta Bellakki 2nd Semester MBA students secured first prize in the HR event at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology on 09-03-2018
- Thanuja, Vishaka, Shreyas, Siddanth 2nd Semester MBA students secured first prize in the Treasure hunt event at Indus Business Academy on 09-03-2018
- Chaitra M T , Deeksha Pai, J Uday Teja , students of MBA 2nd semester attended CII Industry Next Summit - “The Emerging New Growth Paradigm” on 24 March 2018, at Hotel ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru
- Rahul B M, Urvashi R, Sunidhi S, Vrushali P 2nd Semester MBA students secured first prize in the event Best out of waste conducted by NSS wing of DSCE on 12.03.2018
- Poorna Jidda 2nd Semester MBA student presented research paper on Digitalization: Revolutionizing Educational Trends at National conference conducted by Noble Group of Institution on 28-03-2018
- 40 Students of 3rd semester MBA have undergone online course on International Business at Coursera.
- P.Praveen and K.Ravindra, I Semester MBA Students have participated in a management fest named DODGE QUERY (B-Quiz) conducted in Cambridge Institute of Technology on 10-11-2017 and Secured 2nd prize.
- P.Praveen and K.Ravindra, I Semester MBA Students have participated in a management fest named KOSHA (B-Quiz) conducted in JSS Mahavidyapeetha College dated 02-10-2016 to 03-10-2017 and won 1st prize.
- Students of MBA, DSCE has Presented research papers and won 1st Prize (Ms.Ankitha Mishra and Ms.Aishwarya Naik) and 3rd Prize (Mr.Pramod M Ethape and Ms. SNEHA KARAJAGI S) in Vidyarthi Adhiveshanam, Students Conference at RVIM.
- Students of MBA, DSCE being awarded as Overall Champions in RVIM College fest "Imperium 2016" on 22nd and 23rd December 2016.
- Ganesh Datta won First Prize in Best CEO event.
- Nikhil Kalal and Mrityunjaya S Nadakatti won First Prize in Business Quiz Event.
- Nandan Savanur and Nikhil Kanchi won First prize and Namrata Patil and Bhabana Sree Kashyap won Second Prize in Multitasking event.
- Venkat Narayan M S and Nyamathulla Khan Students of MBA, DSCE have won First Prize in Best Entrepreneur Event held at PESIT College fest "CALYPSO'15" on 24-09-2016.
- Mohammed Ali, Student of 2nd semester has won Runner Up Prize in Best Manager at RPA College national level management fest conducted on 6th April, 2016.
- Mohammed Ali, Mohammed Anas and Imran Abbas, Students of 2nd semester have won Runner Up Prize in Treasure Hunt at RPA College national level management fest conducted on 6th April, 2016.
- Venkat Narayan M S, 2nd semester student has won First Prize in Business Plan at Indus business academy 8th national level management and cultural fest B-plan event conducted on 11th and 12th March 2016
- Students of 2nd Semester MBA have been over all Runners up in EXPIDITE 6.0 conducted by CMRIT on 19th and 20th Feb 2016.
- Dr. Deepak R, Associate professor got BEST RESEARCH PAPER AWARD for the below papers:
- Research paper entitled “Investigation and Assessment of Investment Habits of Employed Women among conventional and non-conventional avenues: An Exploratory Study” was awarded the BEST RESEARCH PAPER AWARD at the 6th National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Research and Management, organized by GM Institute of Technology (GMIT), Davangere on 26th-27th October, 2018.
- Research paper entitled “Deciphering Investment Habits Using Association Rules” was awarded the BEST RESEARCH PAPER AWARD in the area of Finance at the International conference on Management 4.0, organized by Krupanidhi School of Management, Bangalore on 12th October, 2018
- Research paper entitled "Future Fundraising in Digital Economy: Ambiquity Still Persists" was awarded the BEST RESEARCH PAPER AWARD at the 1st International Conference on "Convergence of Management and Technology-Oppurtunities and Challenges" Organized by Department of Management & Computer Science, SJES College of Management studies on 28th, March 2018. All the Faculty members of Department of Management Studies attended 2 day FDP on Outcome Based Education Conducted by Dr. Guruprasad H S, Professor, BMS College of Engineering conducted by DSCE from 27/06/2018 to 28/06/2018 at Dr. P.C Sagar Auditorium, DSCE
- Ramya.H.P, Published a research paper in the UGC approved International Journal of Advance and Innovative Research, titled “VIRTUAL CURRENCY & ITS CHALLENGES”, Volume 5, Issue 4 ( XV ): October – December 2018. ISSN 2394 – 7780. Impact Factor: 7.12.
- Deepak.R presented the research paper entitled "Future Fundraising in Digital Economy: Ambiguity Still Persists" at the 1st International Conference on "Convergence of Management and Technology-Opportunities and Challenges" Organized by Department of Management & Computer Science, SJES College of Management studies on 28th, March 2018 and paper was selected as the BEST RESEARCH PAPER at the conference. The paper was also published in the research journal. Citation is as follows:
Deepak.R (2018). “Future Fundraising in Digital Economy: Ambiguity Still Persists", International Journal of Business and Administration Research Review, Vol 3, issue no-21, pp:17-24, Impact Factor is 4.729
- Brijesh Sing and Prof. Ramya H P attended one-day workshop on Structural Equation Modeling using AMOS on 17th march 2018 at T John College
- Eti Khatri, Prof. Brijesh Singh, Prof. Ramya H P, Prof. Roopa U one day FDP on a Road Map for Writing Research Paper on 10th march 2018 at R R Institute of Management Studies
- Brijesh and Prof. Ramya H P attended Two days FDP on capital market dynamics on 5th & 6th March 2018 at Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore
- Eti Khatri, Prof. Roopa U, Prof. Ganesha K S, Prof. Brijesh Singh, prof. Ramya H P attended FDP on NLP For Teachers on 1st March 2018 at T John College
- Dr. K.G.Hemalatha, Professor, & HOD, MBA, DSCE attended Post Budget Analysis, 2018 on 02-02-2018 conducted by CII along with the knowledge partner BDO India LLP at Hotel Taj West end, Bengaluru. Sessions handled well and economist and experts from different industry backgrounds comprehensively analyzed the budget. There were appreciations about Indian budget on boost towards Agri, Rural, elderly care, MSME, Infrastructure, Health Care sectors. However, there was a mixed reaction towards service sector, R& D support, & export for this budget. The panelist were Mr.Jagannathan Chakravarthi, CFO, Mindtree, Mr.Kamal Bali, MD, Volvo, Dr Charan Singh, Chair- RBI & Visiting Professor- IIMB, Mr.Aman Choudhari, Joint Managing Director Surin Automotive Pvt Ltd., Mr.Sunil Dhareshwar, AVP-Indirect tax, Infosys, Mr.Naveen Rajpurohit, Partner-BDO, Mr. Pankil Sanghvi, Partner-BDO, Mr. Arun Velayudhan,GM-finance, Toyoto Kirloskar.
- Dr. K.G.Hemalatha, Professor & HOD, MBA, DSCE & Dr. Deepak, Associate Professor attended Annual MSME conclave 2018 on 07-02-2018 conducted by CII with the theme “MSME- An Engine for Growth of Indian Economy” on 07 February 2018. The event chaired by Aman Choudhari, Convener, CII Karnataka MSME Panel, CII. The entire event was highly informative and was interesting to listen to their entrepreneurial journey, its success and challenges and supportive eco system. The industrial experts are Sudhakar T Shrinivas Shirgurkar Mr Rajendra Kumar Kataria,IAS, GOK,Siddharth, Sood,Rasika P Mr A N Chandramouli , Mr G Sunderraj, Mr Tejomurthy Jogikalmath, Mr Shiva Aradhya, Mr Sandeep G Parvatikar, Mr Kishan Doss, Mr.Palaniappan, Plant Head ,Tractors & Farm Equipment, Mr Sashank Rishyasringa, , Mr Anadi Charan Sahu, Mr Vineet Gupta, Mr K G Ashok Rao, Mr Gautam Sinha , Founder & CEO, Mr Sadanand Rao, and Mr. Sandeep Lahiri and shared their views on various topics targeting entrepreneurs.
- Dr. Eti Khatri, Assistant Professor, Prof. Roopa, Assistant Professor and Prof. Ganesha K S , Assistant Professor attended FDP on NLP for Teachers-Mind over Matter on 01-03-2018 at T John College.
- Dr. K G Hemalatha, HOD and Professor, DOMS-DSCE has been part of the University Relations Empowered Educators program at Deloitte on 01-12-2017
- Dr. K G Hemalatha,HOD and Professor, DOMS-DSCE has attended the magnificent NHRD HR Showcase-2017 on 2nd December at Manpho Convention Centre, Nagavara, a show of best practices and innovations.
- DSCE Conducted two days FDP on the topic Research Methodology on 18/11/2017 & 19/11/2017 and the three faculty members – Mrs. Roopa U, Mrs. Ramya .H.P & Mr. Ganesha K S from Department of Management studies participated in the programme.
- Dr. K G Hemalatha and Dr. Deepak.R attended QIP- CEP Workshop on Experimental and Empirical Methods in Linguistics at IIT Delhi from 09-07-2017 to 15-07-2017
- Dr. Deepak.R attended one-week National Faculty Development Programme on “ Data Analysis Using Open Source Statistical Package -R” conducted by Gujarat Technological University, Chandkheda Campus, Ahmedabad held between February 20th and 26th, 2017.
- Ganesha K S and Brijesh Singh attended FDP on Digital Marketing at RVIM on 4th May 2017.
- Deepak.R attended one-week National Faculty Development Programme on “ Data Analysis Using Open Source Statistical Package -R” conducted by Gujurat Technological University, Chandkheda Campus, Ahmedabad held between February 20th and 26th, 2017.
- Ganesha K S and Brijesh Singh attended FDP on Goods and Service Tax at VVN Degree College on 10th February 2017.
- Deepak.R, Brijesh Singh and Ramya H P attended one-day National Seminar on “Recent Corporate Legislations-spectrum of revolutions under Compliance, Finance and Judiciary” at S.S.M.R.V College held in association with ICSI, Bengaluru chapter held on 3rd February, 2017.
- Deepak.R attended one-day FDP on “Writing a Research Paper” held at S.E.A college of Engineering and Technology, Bangalore on 30th January, 2017.
- Deepak.R , Brijesh Singh and Dr.Krishna Kishore attended one-day Faculty Development Programme on “Rhythm of Change in Organizations” by Dr. Quy Nguyen Huy, Professor of Strategy, INSEAD, Singapore conducted at Dayananda Sagar University in association with DERBI Foundation on 11th January, 2017.
- Dr. K. G. Hemalatha, HOD, Dr. Deepak, Ms. Ramya & students Meghna & Sunil have attended CFO conference conducted on 15th December 2016 by Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) at Hotel Le Meridien, Bangalore.
- Dr. K. G. Hemalatha, HOD, DSCE DOMS attended two day CII 6th Edition: Brand Summit - “[email protected]_Forward” which held on 21 & 22 October 2016 – Hotel Vivanta By Taj, Bangalore.
- Mr. Ganesha K S has attended conclave on ‘Crafting India’s Sustainability Growth Model – How not to Follow China or the West’ held on 11th June 2016 at IIM-Bangalore.
- Mr. Brijesh Singh and Ganesha K S have Presented Research Paper in the National Conference on Innovation for Growth, Sustainability, Inclusion and preservation held on 14th June 2016 at T John College.
- Mr. Brijesh Singh has Presented Research Paper in the National Conference on Rural Women Entrepreneurship in India-Way for Social and Economic development held on 27th and 28th May 2016 at MSRIT.
- Mr. Brijesh Singh has Presented Research Paper in the National Conference on Introducing GST and its impact on Indian economy held on 7th May 2016 at Tumkur University.
- Mr. Brijesh Singh has attended FDP on Marketing Strategies for the Bottom of Pyramid held on 26th April 2016 at RVIM.
- Mr. Brijesh Singh has Presented Research Paper in the International Conference on Innovation management in the Knowledge-Driven Economy held on 31st March 2016 at Sri Krishna Degree College.
- Dr. Eti Khatri, Assistant Professor, Department of MBA has been awarded with Doctorate in Finance.
- Dr. Lakshmi Jagannathan has coveted with Star faculty award with cash prize and E - week Premier - High Impact Institute Award 2016.
- Mr. Ganesha K S and Mrs. Roopa U has attended workshop on new subjects at VTU Regional office, Bangalore on 5th March 2016.
- Mr. Ganesha K S has participated in the Faculty Development Program on "Using Blended MOOCs in Management Education" conducted by IIM-Bangalore on 13 February 2016.
- Mr. Ganesha K S has got the Membership of International Safety Quality Environment Management Association.
- Dr. K G Hemalatha, Professor and HOD, MBA has attended Marketplace entrepreneurship Training: Train the trainer program – International simulation workshop conducted by NEN on 16 & 19th March, 2015 at DSCE.
- Mrs. Purnima Thampi and Mr.Ganesha K S attended Workshop on Strategies for Technology Commercialization conducted by NRDC on 18th May 2015.
- Dr. M R Sripathi Rao has attended Training Program on "Apple in Higher Education at VTU Regional Office on May 30th 2015.
- Mr. Suresh A S has attended Placement coordinators meeting at Grand Thornton on April 3rd 2015.
- Mrs. Roopa U has participated in the First national Conference on Green computing technologies held on 7th May 2015 at DSATM.
- Mrs. Roopa U has participated in the First national Conference on Recent trends in management held on 28th May 2015 at KSIT.
- Mrs. Kaveri Jabshetty has participated in the First national Conference on Green computing technologies held on 7th May 2015 at DSATM.
- Mrs. Purnima Thampi has participated in the International Conference on Inclusiveness and Sustainability for Business Growth at Indian Academy School of Management studies on 8th and 9th May 2015.
- Dr. K. G. Hemalatha, Professor and HOD, MBA dept was invited as Resource person for the National level Conference on ONLINE-SHOPPING for KMG College of Arts and Science college, Vellore on 17th September 2014.
- Our Faculties Participated in A Focus Discussion on “Strategies for meeting Challenges of 3V (Volume, Variety & Velocity) in the context of SMAC with particular reference to HR Domain & Marketing Domain” on September 26th 2014 at PES University , Bangalore
- Mrs. Purima Thampi, Asst Professor , MBA dept has attended 2 day workshop on “SEM for beginners “ using AMOS on 29th and 30th of October, 2014 conducted by CARES, an organization for training on research in management and social sciences. The workshop was very useful for research as it Include how to do structural equations modeling using AMOS software.
- Mrs. M.Parimalam, Asst Professor, MBA dept has attended International Conference and presented paper titled “Conceptual Study on Expatriates Adjustment in Cross-Cultural Environment” Organized by Jyothi Nivas College on 31st October 2014.
- Our faculties participated in 12 days Faculty Development Program on “Training of Trainers in Entrepreneurship Development” on November 17th to 29th at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Dr. K.G.Hemalatha, Professor and HOD, MBA dept attended Mentoring Skills Finishing School program conducted by NEN, Bangalore on 19th and 20th December 2014.