To attain excellence in construction engineering education and research focusing on sustainability through innovation.
- To impart fundamental knowledge & skills in students by communicating the concept of construction technology management effectively.
- To promote intellectual & social values in construction engineers
- To engage students in research & innovation by providing sustainable solution to construction industry..
- To develop human values & ethics in students & prepare them to be responsible citizens..
The department Vision - Mission statements are formulated in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department keeping Institutional goals and objectives under consideration.
Program Specific Outcomes
Graduates of the Construction Technology Management program exhibit the following capabilities:
- PSO 1 : Be skilled in facilitating engineering concepts & research in the field of construction
- PSO 2 : Be able to analyze& solve complex industry problems for sustainable environment
- PSO 3 : Be experienced in becoming successful entrepreneur in construction industry
Program Education Objectives
Three to five years after graduation, graduates of the civil and construction engineering programs will have
- PEO 1 : Have skill to analyze qualitative and quantitative issues in construction technology
- PEO 2 : Indulge themselves in team work with professional training
- PEO 3 : Exhibits general engineering knowledge to solve real life problems
- PEO 4 : Be sensitive to ethical responsibility & sustainable environment
Engineering Graduates from our department will be possessing:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the Knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Fundamentals and an Engineering specialization to the solution of complex Engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, Formulate, Review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental conditions.
- Conduct investigations on complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of Experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of Information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate technique, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess society, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
From the HOD's Desk:
Greetings from the Department of Construction Technology Management & Highway Technology at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering.
The Students of CTM, apart from learning civil engineering designs, constructions, and infrastructures while taking care of environmental and public health, as well as refining existing buildings that have been neglected. Construction engineering personal will also deal with the on-site management of infrastructures like airports, buildings, highways, railroads, bridges, utilities, and dams. The syllabus framed is according to the requirements of the construction industry. Students will be gaining knowledge that is dealt by the industry on a daily basis. They are exposed to the various construction management aspects like project management, quality management, contracts management, equipment management, financial management and construction economics.
Dr. P. Prakash
Professor & HOD, Department of Construction Technology Management
Phone : +91-80-42161093