Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Center(IEDC)
Sowing the seeds for self-employment & income generation
Dayananda Sagar institutions are producing large number of trained manpower, thus fulfilling the needs of the industry, R&D institutions and other sectors of economy. In order to make optimal use of facilities, expertise and know-how available in these institutions for the benefit of the society, it is necessary that appropriate links be established between them and the industry. In addition, young graduates are also looking out for opportunities to exploit their full potential by setting up their own ventures. This necessitates systematic interventions and new instruments, which could facilitate the development and growth of new ventures by fresh graduates. Thus, it is necessary to develop mechanisms so that we could focus our attention on entrepreneurship & self-employment.
Excellent infrastructure is available at our campus for promoting Entrepreneurship.Trained faculty and focused programs inculcate entrepreneurial spirit amongst the Science, Technology and management students.
Empowerment through Entrepreneurship
The Dayananda Sagar institutions, which are leaders in developing human resources, have now taken up to produce entrepreneurs on a continuous basis, who would be employment generators, there by accelerating the process of economic development and growth of our country.
With the increasing number of graduating students from the institutions, it is our social responsibility and concern to provide them alternate career options. Along with preparing them to be employable, it is also important to develop ‘Job creators’ than ‘Job seekers’. It is therefore necessary to motivate and train young students to take up self-employment. Hence there is a crucial need to promote Entrepreneurship among science, technology and management students. At DSI IEDC, we are undertaking this role of blending their technical inputs with entrepreneurial and managerial skills and train students for entrepreneurial challenges. Entrepreneurs are not only born, but also made.
All the students, Alumni, faculty & staff of institutions under DSI spread across the three campuses are welcome to participate in the IEDC activities.
- Patrons: Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Secretary
- Advisory board: An advisory board will be formed consisting of experts from academia, industries, professional societies, R&D institutions, Alumni and leading entrepreneurs. The advisory board meets every year and reviews policies, procedures and activities of the IEDC
- Managing Committee: Heads of institutions/ departments of various programs of three campuses under DSI form the managing committee. The managing committee will meet every three months and contribute in terms of student participation, faculty expertise for mentoring and extending lab facilities for incubates.
- Faculty in charge along with staff and student Coordinators at IEDC will monitor & execute the proposed activities.
To create, mentor & nurture entrepreneurs who in turn create employment opportunities, contribute for the economy of the society and nation at large.
Our Mission is to mentor students and start up entrepreneurs with brilliant minds in harvesting their ideas that revolutionize an industry or even create an industry.
In the year 2012 IEDC was established in DSI as an initiative to mentor innovative ideas from students and nurture them to become entrepreneurs.
IEDC is the brain child of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India and is closely monitored by The National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB) in order to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among students in premier colleges which has the knowledge base and sufficient infrastructure.
DSI is one of the esteemed Host Institutions to have been selected as Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre.
- To expose the students to challenging industrial scenario and highlight the importance of entrepreneurs in the economic growth of the country.
- To induce the spirit of entrepreneurship among the students and also train them to improve their entrepreneurial and managerial competence & skills.
- Industry- institute interaction in the form of training and incubation.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness camps (EAC) supported by NSTEDB under EDII’s DST-NIMAT project
- Pre-incubation: Student startups are encouraged. Startups from outside are also encouraged with a condition that they hire at least two interns from DSI.
- IDEATHON: Ideate, Innovate, Improve, Implement; Platform to showcase students creative ideas here.
- E-Summit: 2 day mega event to ‘Nurture Entrepreneurship’ right from Ideation to build business plan/model. Includes 3-4 workshop, various competitions, Flee marketing
- One day Workshop: Related to Entrepreneurship
- Processing of MSME-BI proposal: GOI support Startups by funding and providing incubation to their ideas.
- E-Cell activities: CEO connect, Alumni Entrepreneur interaction, E-Competitions
- Release of IEDC newsletter: Covers activities done through IEDC, Articles written by students on Entrepreneurship, networking with business world etc.
GUIDELINES FOR PRE-INCUBATION
- The incubation center has co working space with well-equipped board/meeting room, an office with phone, printing/photocopying, Wi-fi, drinking water and rest room facilities.
- DSI students who come with an idea which has a potential for becoming a commercially viable product can apply for incubation.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs from outside are also encouraged to apply for incubation provided they ensure hiring at least 2 DSI students as interns.
- Proposal for the same will be scrutinized by a technical team and after interview; decision for incubation will be taken.
- After selection incubates have to sign an agreement in the prescribed format and fill a registration form.
DSI Pre-incubation center at 7th Floor, New Engineering Block has the following 5 startup companies with 9 seats in total.
Companies - December 2019
|SL.NO||Name of Founder||Company Name||Contact Details Mail & Mobile No|
CURRENT INNOVATIVE IDEAS ACTIVE
|SL.NO||NAME OF THE IDEA||NAME OF THE STUDENTS|
|1||Compact flying vehicles||Harsh Tiwari|
|2||A mental health awareness venture||Rudra Dev|
|3||Sonic Fire suppression system||Abhishek Kulkarni and Ayush Shetty|
|4||Sonic pollution control system||Abhishek Kulkarni and Ayush Shetty|
|5||A faster Drone using pulse jet engine||Harsh Y. Shihora|
|6||Winsol (a car wind and solar energy utlising car)||Nitish|
Three teams from CSE department participated in the DCB Fintech Hackathon event held at NEN premises on Saturday, 4th November 2017 at 12noon, and all the three teams were qualified in the prelims winning cash prize of Rs.10, 000 each.... Click here for a brief report
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering is proud to announce that the following students of Department of Mechanical Engineering graduated in 2017 were awarded the certificate of innovation excellence for their project titled “Auto adjusting roof panels maximizing day lighting” in CZC Renewable energy Innovation contest conducted by IIT madras & IWMA in collaboration with US consulate general Chennai and Polaris, a virtusa company...... Click here for a brief report
DSCE has been recognized as HOST INSTITUTION (HI) by MSME, GOI for setting up BUSINESS INCUBATOR (BI) under the Scheme “Support for Entrepreneurial & Managerial Development of SMEs through incubators”
The following are the entrepreneurs who were funded by MSME for their ideas at our BI
|SL.NO||NAME OF THE ENTREPRENEUR||IDEA||COMPANY|
|1||Mr K Sahasranam||Small Size Shop Floor CMM||CIMTRIX Systems Pvt. Ltd.|
|2||Mr H S Nikhila||Cloud Based production Tracking & Monitoring Solution
|PRECITECH Precision Machineries Pvt.Ltd.|
|3||MrShreyankDivakarHampi||Ready to use Therapeutic food & supplements||NOVOSYNTH Health Care Pvt. Ltd.|
|4||MrPriyankSaxena||Development of Non-Invasive Portable Vein-locator||VPHORE Media & Technologies Pvt. Ltd.|
|5||MrHemanth Singh Tomar||Gesture based computing platform||TOMAR Technologies Pvt. Ltd.|
|6||Mr P R NaganandaTejasvi||Remote Piloted Ground Control Station||ANGLE OF ATTACK Systems LLP|
National initiatives on developing and harnessing innovations (Start- up NIDHI) sponsored by NSTEDB, DST, GOI and implemented by EDII, Ahmedabad had called for online applications for Student start-up NIDHI program. The following project groups submitted their proposals who were given certificates of nomination by IEDC, DSI
|SL.NO||DEPT||TITLE OF THE PROJECT|
|1||ML||MIND CONTROL APPLICATIONS|
|2||ML||Emergency Oxygen Generator|
|3||ISE||SAKSHAM – A user friendly web platform to develop a more comprehensive connection between the public and police to eradicate communication and security issues to provide a more rapid and effective system.|
|4||CIVIL||Application of Multi-walled carbon nano tubes (MWCNTs) for surface water treatment|
|5||CIVIL||Development of demolition concrete mix using Pre-coating technique|
|6||EEE||Plastic road construction|
Out of the 6 project groups who submitted their proposals for Student Startup NIDHI contest, the following two groups have been shortlisted for next evaluation. They have been invited to present their project on 18th June 2018 at EDII, Ahmedabad.
|SL.NO||DEPT||STUDENTS||TITLE OF THE PROJECT|
|1||CIVIL||SHARATH U, SANGANBASAPPA VEERAPUR, SHUBHAM, SHASHIKIRAN B S||Development of demolition concrete mix using Pre-coating technique|
|2||EEE||PRANAV K B||Plastic road construction|
|Report - 1||Report - 2||Report - 3|
- IEDC NEWSLETTER "ENTREPRENEURIAL GAZETTE VOL.1" released on 7th November 2019. Click here for a copy.
- Mr. SYED FARHAN HYDER ABIDI Incubate and our Prefinal year student of TC&E Dept participated the BIG IDEA STARTUP CHALLENGE-3rd Edition of Summit organised by Imamia Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ICCI) in Pune, Maharastra on 22nd& 23rd of July, 2019. His idea is one of of India’s Top 10 Entrepreneur ideas. He was invited to be the panelist for the talk on the agenda “why do most of the startups fail to create mass scale success”? And he was also titled as “one of the youngest panelist with immense knowledge and experience of Entrepreneur trend and Scope”. He was also given an opportunity to tie up with Asia’s largest Digital marketing company “GoZoop” for implementing the idea in other parts of the country.
- Prof. Roopa Farshi gave an “Introductory talk on IEDC role at campus” for First year students of Chemistry and Physics cycle in Induction Program 2019 at Dr. D. Premachandra Auditorium, DSCE on 8th and 9th August 2019.
- Prof. Roopa Farshi attended the awareness program on Support of Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of SME’s through incubators on Wednesday 21st August 2019 at Vemana Institute of Technology, Bangalore organized by MSME-DI in association with KASSIA.The chief guest of the program was Sri. M. Maheshwara Rao IAS, Secretary of Government of Karnataka (MSME & Mines), Precided by Sri. K. Devaraj, Director incharge MSME-DI.
- An induction program was conducted at IEDC for the interested students after the main induction. The introduction to the students was given by the student co-ordinators of IEDC, Abhishek.V and Adithya Bohra. An activity was conducted wherein the participants were divided into groups and they had to market products creatively and it was a challenging one. The activity had an outcome wherein the students learnt about teamwork, thinking out of the box, how to think creatively, communication skills, etc. Later, there was a detailed interactive session of the team and audiences about IEDC and a brief introduction to each team, what is the role played by each team and how it is connected to entrepreneurship. There was a turnout of 120+ students on 22nd and around 60+ students on 23rd.
- On 24th Prof. Roopa Farshi along with Principal Dr. C.P.S. Prakash attended the Workshop on “Readying Students for Industry 4.0”. Chief guest of the Program was Dr. Anil D Sahasrabudhe, Chairman AICTE and was precided by Dr. B.N. Suresh, Chairman, Governing Council, MVJCE, Chancellor IISST Thiruvananthapuram organized by MVJCE Bangalore.
- Induction program
- Ideation competition
- Workshops (BMC, Design, Content)
- Activities & Competitions
- CEO Talk
- Product Exhibition
Prof. Roopa Farshi, ............Click here for CV
Faculty in Charge
IEDC & DSCE Pre-Incubation Center,
5th& 7thFloors, New Engineering Block
DSI, Campus-1, Shavige Malleshwara Hills,
Bangalore 560 078, Karnataka.