THE INFORMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
-A DEGREE WITH FULFILLING CAREER...
The Department of ISE is an outstanding department, with talented and driven staff and students. Together, we form a community that innovates, that produces high quality research and education, and that makes an important contribution to the wellbeing of global humanity.
The Department of ISE at DSCE aims to:
- Set a world class academic achievements with high standards for student aspiration.
- Recognise globally as a leader in innovative higher education practice
- Combine active-learning based pedagogy, evidence-based pedagogy with a strong focus on community building, working with students as partners, focusing on global challenges and teaching students 21st century skills
- Implement change with the agility, we are aware of what needs to be done, and we want to prove a zeal for innovation
We already have some stable foundations for building change:
- We have proven examples of implementing some of the best practices in the department
- Our dedicated and talented faculty are committed to their own professional teaching development
- Our network of teaching and support staff is experienced in supporting students in their professional and personal development
- We have the knowledge and innovative spirit to take our teaching to the next level in quality by developing best practices
- Aim: Make our teaching more interactive, more supportive, more challenging and more rewarding for our students.
- Enhancement of our education: Our faculty will work together in partnership with our students to create a learning environment that is stimulating and caring.
- Independent thinkers: We provide space to students giving responsibility for their own learning.
- Lifelong learning skills: Our students will develop lifelong learning skills that will enable them to tackle 21st century problems and to compete in the global job market.
- Innovative teaching techniques: Developing deeper understanding, Turning ideas into reality, Working in teams, Taking a creative approach, Solving real world problems, and Technology for learning.
- Background: One of the most distinctive elements at ISE is that our students join a community of world-class researchers. They learn cutting-edge developments and actively engaging with research and discovery in their chosen field.
- Aim: Make undergraduate students to undertake research under the supervision of an active researcher.
- Our Educational Culture
The culture is driven by success creating a supportive environment for staff and students recognising innovation and improvements. That is,
- A supportive and inclusive scholarly community,
- Support for staff to innovate and improve,
- Student engagement in positive change,
- World class learning spaces, and
- High quality evaluation and research.