To be a contemporary business school of national repute.
M1: To provide quality education within an environment of continuous learning to leverage market opportunities and enhance career
M2: To create an environment that enhances cognitive skills and team work for the holistic development
M3: To inculcate ethics, values and social sensitivity towards sustainable business practices
M4: To ignite, create and nurture entrepreneurship for the benefit of business and society
Management Graduates will be able to:
- Management Knowledge: Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems
- Decision-Making: Foster Analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making.
- Leadership: Ability to develop Value based Leadership ability.
- Systems Thinking: Ability to understand, analyse and communicate global, economic, legal and ethical aspects of business
- Team Management: Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals, contributing effectively to a team environment.
- Social sensitivity: Work consciously on the impact of their decisions on society.
- Contemporary Tool Usage: Familiarize with usage of latest business tools and methods.
- Employability and Entrepreneurship: Ability to apply business knowledge to enhance placement opportunities and venture creation.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1: Impart knowledge in Management and related allied disciplines
- PEO 2: Engage management graduates to apply business principles and practices through innovative methods for continuous learning.
- PEO 3: Create a platform where students imbibe, emulate and adopt ethical practices and values.
- PEO 4: Provide opportunities for idea validation, venture creation and shadowing successful entrepreneurs.
From the HOD's Desk:
Welcome to Department of MBA. Our Business School is a unique centre of teaching and learning that focuses on helping you to recognize your potential through an educational experience that is truly transformational. To do this, we provide cutting edge industry oriented programs, by leveraging our external partnerships and alumni community and by giving you the technical and leadership skills to succeed in the current business environment.
The program on management studies was established in the year 2006 to leverage the present day business and current academic scenario and to enable you to face all the challenges in a competitive manner. This autonomous programme is affiliated to VTU and approved by AICTE. Our department consists of faculty with specialization in Marketing, Human Resource, Operations, Information Technology, International Business, Business Analytics, and Finance and with the strong industry background and inclination towards research. The department provides new specializations namely Operations, Information Technology, International Business, Business Analytics, and Banking other than Marketing, HR and Finance.
Our programs are planned to make sure that students actively engage with the material presented to them. Their practical skills are enhanced through problem-solving, working collaboratively, communicating effectively and demonstrating the means by which a strategy can be successfully executed. To achieve this, our top class faculty adopt contemporary teaching methods like case study blended classes, activities, role plays, Industry- interface by the way of CEO conclave, Knowledge series, Industrial visits, Continuous skill development programme, Re-skilling & De-skilling, Corporate mentoring and other extra- curricular activities. The pedagogy encourages practical exposure to real business situations by portfolio learning, multifaceted analysis of real business situations, etc. The programme encompasses human values and professional ethics leads holistic personality development so that they contribute to business and society as a whole.
The department has an established research centre under VTU with six PhD guides and research scholars from industry and academia. The department has published 65 research papers in journals and conference proceedings. The total funding/ grant is 5.9 Cr.
Dr. Hemalatha K G
Professor and Head,
Department of MBA.
Phone : +91-80-42161096