To produce technically qualified civil engineering graduates oriented towards research and sustainable development of the society.
- To provide an environment to enhance the creative skills and innovative technology in quest of excellence.
- Inculcate teamwork to develop professional and entrepreneurial skills.
- To imbibe the importance of dynamic and sustainable development.
The department Vision - Mission statements are formulated in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department keeping Institutional goals and objectives under consideration.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1:To impart the efficiency in analysing and designing civil engineering structures.
- PSO 2: To educate the graduates in gaining sufficient knowledge to attain sustainable environment.
- PSO 3:To create interest in developing entrepreneurial proficiency with the outlook of serving the society
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1 :Ample technical knowledge in Civil engineering to address various issues with high ethical and professional standards.
- PEO 2 :The ability to work in interdisciplinary environment and to meet the needs of sustainable development.
- PEO 3 :The ability to pursue higher education with the mindset of continuous up gradation.
- PEO 4 :The entrepreneurial skill for sustainable development.
From the HOD's Desk:
Civil Engineering is a broad field of engineering which involves planning Design, construction maintenance and management of structures or public works.Civil Engineering deals with construction and maintenance of buildings, bridges, roads, railways, structures, water supply & sewer, Irrigation, power & environment. Alternate Building materials, Green buildings, structural health monitoring, safety and fire practices are the recent developments and the most sought after topics in branch. Civil Engineering Department of DSCE aims at developing analytical and experimental skills in students to apply in various fields of Civil Engineering.
Dr. Ramaraju H K
Professor & HOD,
Department of Civil Engineering.
Phone : +91-80-42161619