Course & Eligibility
- For UG, The admission to college is through the entrance test, Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Karnataka Government & Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka COMEDK. The students with meritorious ranking are considered for admissions.
- A pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination in the first attempt with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as specialization
- A pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with 45 % marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/ Computer science/ Electronics
- A pass in B E/ B.Tech or equivalent examination.
- A written test is conducted by the university for candidates and rank list is obtained. On the basis of which, the candidate will appear for admission carried out through single window counseling process.
- Candidates with valid GATE score will be given first preference for the seat selection in the counseling process, then university rank holders.
- For Ph.D. The criteria for admission are through synopsis selection, ULRAT Test and an interview conducted by VTU for affiliated research centers.
- Master's Degree of any recognized University or any other equivalent qualification.
- All eligible applicants will be called for a written entrance test which has to be cleared to attend an interview. The admissions will be based on performance in the interview.
- For M.Sc. Engg. Bachelor’s degree in the respective field is required, rest of the procedure is same as that foe Ph.D.
Admission through Management Quota
Candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry are compulsory subjects.