Program Specific Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- PSO1: Design, develop and integrate electronic circuits and systems using current practices and standards.
- PSO2: Apply knowledge of hardware and software in designing Embedded and Communication systems.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO1: Successful in industry, academia, or entrepreneurship as a result of a strong teaching learning process, with keen interest in pursuing higher studies in various domains.
- PEO2: Capable of leading technological and managerial projects for serving industry and society with knowledge of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- PEO3: Competent professional capable of adapting to changing technological scenarios and societal needs, with expertise in relevant domains.
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
To achieve continuous improvement in quality technical education for global competence with focus on industry, societal needs, research and professional success.
- Offering quality education in Electronics and Communication Engineering with effective teaching learning process in multidisciplinary environment.
- Training the students to take-up projects in emerging technologies and work with team spirit.
- To imbibe professional ethics, development of skills and research culture for better placement opportunities.
From the HOD's Desk:
I am pleased to welcome you to DSCE’s Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering. We are widely recognized for the practical and applied nature of our course, which prepare graduates with important skills through exposure to industry and business, and our research, which focuses on solving real problems. This combination enables our graduates to be effective in the workplace immediately upon graduation.
Dr. T. C. Manjunath
B.E., M.E., Ph.D (IIT Bombay)
Professor & HOD,
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering.