Program Specific Outcomes
Graduates will be able to
- PSO 1: Apply engineering principles to biological systems.
- PSO 2: Analyse the genome and proteome by advanced molecular techniques and computational tools to address major challenges in Pharma and Health.
- PSO 3: Develop eco-friendly solutions to address complex environmental problems.
Program Education Objectives
- Skill : Enable our graduates to identify, analyse and solve industrial and environmental problems by implementing acquired skills.
- Career : Encourage our graduates to apply their engineering knowledge as an individual or in a team to excel in higher studies, research, teaching and industry.
- Lifelong learning: Instil in our graduates a desire to engage in lifelong learning that will foster their career with an impact on society.
- Ethics : Inculcate in our graduates to develop high level of professionalism and ethical attitude with awareness of current issues in relation to safety, health and environment.
To impart quality education, training and research in multidisciplinary domains of biotechnology for the benefit of society and environment.
- To provide globally acceptable technical education in the field of biotechnology by encouraging innovative thinking with practical insights.
- To promote team work and nurture students to serve society with ethical and environmental responsibilities.
- To foster students for higher studies, R&D activities and professional career in emerging trends of biotechnology .
From the HOD's Desk:
Biotechnology is a specialized scientific area focused towards providing better quality of life. Engineering applications of Biotechnology caters to industries such as agriculture, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, environment, energy and health sector to name a few. In nutshell, Biotechnology makes use of natural biological process for the benefit of mankind.
Dr. S. Kiran
Professor and Head
Department of Biotechnology.
Phone : +91-80-42161748