The department of aeronautical engineering strives to produce graduates with sustainable engineering education, technical competency, social responsibility, innovative and research skills to contribute for the national and global development.
- To provide quality teaching, learning and research environment for a successful career in aeronautical engineering and interdisciplinary field.
- To engage the students in research and development which helps them to pursue higher education.
- To mould the students with ethical, social and intellectual qualities to become successful aeronautical engineers.
Program Specific Outcomes
The graduates of the Program will be able to:
- PSO 1:Apply the knowledge of aeronautical engineering and related subjects in the design, performance and stability analysis of flight vehicle systems and sub systems.
- PSO 2:Investigate numerical solutions for propulsion, structures, aerodynamics and flight control systems.
- PSO 3:Get exposure to aeronautical laboratories and industries complementing the core subjects.
Program Education Objectives
The graduates of the program will be
- PEO 1:Successful professionals as aeronautical engineers in private and government organization.
- PEO 2: Pursuing higher education and would work on continuous professional improvement in the aeronautical domain that meets the need of society.
- PEO 3: Implementing the engineering knowledge in the emerging interdisciplinary domain.
From the HOD's Desk:
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering was established in 2009 and accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi. The department offers under-graduate course in Aeronautical Engineering with an intake of 60 students. It is a four-year eight semester course of sixteen weeks duration in each semester. The main aim is to impart quality education in Aeronautical Engineering and to create engineers of excellence for the best institutions in Aeronautical domain. The Department has modern infrastructure with hi-tech laboratories. It actively tries to fill the gap between academic and industrial needs by organizing guest lectures, seminars and workshops on current technology by inviting eminent persons from premier aeronautical industries and institutes. The specializations include areas like structural design, navigational guidance and control systems, instrumentation and communication or it can be in a particular product such as military aircraft, passenger planes, helicopters, satellites, rockets, etc. Engineers may work in areas like research, design, development and maintenance as well as in the managerial and teaching positions in academic institutes.