Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Education Objectives
Graduates will be able to
- PEO 1: Have successful professional career in the core and allied domains
- PEO 2: Engage in continuous learning and adapt to modern technology
- PEO 3: Work in diverse environments exhibiting team work and leadership quality
- PEO 4: Analyze and provide the solutions to real-life engineering problems for the betterment of society
To meet the challenges of industry and research in the field of Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering by providing quality technical education.
- To impart quality education with an understanding of basic concepts.
- To enhance knowledge in the core domains of Electronics and Instrumentation by providing a conducive learning environment.
- To nurture the students with inter-disciplinary technology by contributing solutions for techno-social issues.
The department Vision - Mission statements are formulated in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department keeping Institutional goals and objectives under consideration.
From the HOD's Desk:
Welcome to the Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (EIE) at DSCE, established in 1992. We offer a robust undergraduate program in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, with an intake of 60. The department takes pride in providing a Ph.D. program, recognized as a research center by Visveswaraya Technological University, Belagavi. Our curriculum is thoughtfully crafted to address the ever-evolving challenges of global technology. Fostering a dynamic student culture, we provide cutting-edge infrastructure facilities, complemented by strong support from top management, ensuring our students excel in their professional journeys.
DR. RAJASHEKHAR J. S
Professor & Head of the Department.
Phone : +91-80-42161735