Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainabilityUnderstand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual,and as a member or leader in diverse teams,and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning:Recognize the need for,and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change in telecommunication domain.
Program Educational Objectve
- PEO-1: The graduate envisages the vision of the department, on engineering needs of the country at large and industry in specific and thereby contribute services with perspective of self-sustenance through higher studies, and research in the program domain.
- PEO-2: The graduate enduring the optimally designed curriculum, demonstrates ability to analyze Scientific, Mathematical perspectives of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and apply its knowledge with multidisciplinary approach for solving real life problems for a successful career.
- PEO-3: The graduate possesses professional attitude for career building in the society, ability to work and lead a team with highest integrity and ethical values for managing large corporate projects through suitable research and development.
- PEO-4: The graduate demonstrates lifelong learning to upgrade knowledge of emerging technologies through training, interaction with professional bodies for finding sustainable solution to changing scenarios of the technology frontiers, emphasizing on security and safety concern of individual and global environment.
Programme Specfic Outcome
- PSO1: To apply fundamental concepts of electrical, electronic devices and circuits to communication theory and systems on par with the electronics and telecommunication industry domain.
- PSO2: To apply the core merits of embedded systems, signal processing and network protocols for electronics and telecommunication standards.
- PSO3: To design secured cognitive collaborative solutions related to electronics and telecommunication systems.
To disseminate quality technical education for achieving Academic Excellence through focused research and innovation encompassing contemporary technologies trends in electronic devices, Telecommunication systems and standards for societal needful applications, of country in specific and global at broader perspective.
- By adopting quality curriculum design, associated with standard teaching learning process and assessment techniques; on par with standards for portability of graduates globally.
- By educating students towards contemporary technologies through consistent perseverance with the leading industries based on the current socio-economic conditions of the society.
- By inculcating research attitude among graduates through lifelong learning in pursuit of academic excellence and career enrichment.
The department Vision - Mission statements are formulated in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department keeping Institutional goals and objectives under consideration.
From the HOD's Desk:
Telecommunication is a discipline in its own right. Electronics and Telecommunication engineering wholly integrates the science and engineering of all that makes communication through electronic devices. Electronics and Telecommunication engineers design, build and manage systems that transmit process and store information as electrical or optical signals. This program enables engineering graduates to develop the technological and competitive skills needed in the design and engineering of modern telecommunication systems and networks.
Dr. A. R. Aswatha
Head of the Department.
Phone : +91-80-42161728