To disseminate quality technical education for achieving Academic Excellence through focused research encompassing Mobile, Sensor, and Telecommunication networks with a thrust on Space Communication and Telecommunication Standards.
- By disseminating the knowledge of devices, systems, and technologies that are impacting the Telecommunication field.
- By educating students towards multidisciplinary practices of Telecommunication industry and standards for a successful career.
- By inculcating research attitude among graduates through life long learning related to Telecommunication and its allied domain.
The department Vision - Mission statements are formulated in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department keeping Institutional goals and objectives under consideration.
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization to the solution of complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainabilityUnderstand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual,and as a member or leader in diverse teams,and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex Electronics and telecommunication engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning:Recognize the need for,and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change in telecommunication domain.
Program Educational Objectve
- PEO-1: The graduate contributes service to Telecommunication industry, Government organizations and Society by applying skills acquired through formal technical education and has the ability to pursue higher studies, research in the program domain for attaining a successful career.
- PEO-2: The graduate demonstrates ability to apply Scientific, Mathematical and Electronics and Telecommunication engineering knowledge with multidisciplinary approach for solving real life problems.
- PEO-3: The graduate possesses temperament of professional attitude, effective communication skills, ability to work and lead a team with ethics.
- PEO-4:The graduate demonstrates continuous learning to upgrade knowledge of emerging Telecommunication technologies through training and interaction with professional bodies for sustainable solution to changing scenarios in the technology with a focus on safety and environmental concern.
Programme Specfic Outcome
- To apply fundamental concepts of electrical and electronic circuits to analyze communication theory and systems.
- To design embedded system based solutions for realizing the real-time communication networks.
- To evaluate the core merits of signal processing and network protocols for Electronics and telecommunication engineering standards, services and applications.
From the HOD's Desk:
Telecommunication is a discipline in its own right. Electronics and Telecommunication engineering wholly integrates the science and engineering of all that makes communication through electronic devices. Electronics and Telecommunication engineers design, build and manage systems that transmit process and store information as electrical or optical signals. This program enables engineering graduates to develop the technological and competitive skills needed in the design and engineering of modern telecommunication systems and networks.
Dr. A. R. Aswatha
Head of the Department.
Phone : +91-80-42161728