Imparting Sustainable, Value Based Automobile Engineering Education through Research and Innovation beneficial to the Society.
- M1: To impart Scientific Knowledge and Engineering Skills in the area of Automobile Engineering.
- M2: To encourage Interdisciplinary Learning for efficient design of Automotive components by conducting skill development programs.
- M3: To promote Social and Environmental responsibility by Research and Innovation through collaborations.
- M4: To inculcate a passion amongst students by providing hands on training in servicing Automotives using Diagnostic Tools and Equipment enhancing Entrepreneurship and Employability.
Program Specific Outcomes(PSO)
- Graduates will be able
- PSO 1: To apply the knowledge of basic sciences and fundamentals of engineering to conceptualise, design, model and manufacture automotive systems / processes.
- PSO 2: To use the advanced engineering tools in design engine chassis and drive train system.
- PSO 3: To lead professionally in an industrial environment by applying managerial skills toimprove performance and safety through proper maintenance of automobiles.
Program Education Objectives(PEOs)
- Graduates after 3 to 4 years shall:
- PEO 1: Be able to apply the knowledge of basic sciences, engineering fundamentals to solve problems in challenging interdisciplinary automotive field.
- PEO 2:Acquire the necessary managerial skills comprising of collaboration and innovations leading to participatory efforts to address commercial needs.
- PEO 3: Exhibit the knowledge to function in professional way with ethical concerns to meet the requirements of the society.
- PEO 4: Possess motivated approach in upgrading knowledge and skills through continual education and research to promote Entrepreneurship and Employability.
From the HOD's Desk:
On behalf of our staff members, I welcome you for a stimulating learning journey. The department of Automobile Engineering was started in the year 2009 affiliated to VTU and is now autonomous with an intake of 60 per year and has made significant achievements during this journey. Department has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members in diversified streams and have published papers in reputed national and international journals.
Dr. H. N. Suresh
Professor & Head of the Department.
Phone : +91-80-42161097