FDP ON “INTRODUCTION TO CATIA DESIGN TOOL”
Our faculty members attended six daysfaculty development programme on “Introduction to CATIA Design Tool” at DSU starting from 09-07-2018.
Subject Expert for Recruitment -Mechanical Engineering VKIT, Bangalore
Dr. Sekhar N, Professor visited VKIT, Bangalore as Subject Expert for recruitment of Mechanical Engineering staff on 15-02-2018.
FDP on OBE
All Our faculty members attended two days FDP on Outcome Based Education(OBE) on 13th and 14th June 2018.
ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON “EFFECTIVE TEACHING PEDAGOGIES”
Our faculty members attended One day Workshop on “Effective Teaching Pedagogies” by Dr.John Jose, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), on 15th June 2018.
INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY: Highlights
Automobile faculty members participated in International Yoga Day celebrated on 21-06-2018 in DSCE.
Our faculty participated in a technical talk arranged by the Department of Mechanical Engineering by resource person Dr B K Chandrasekar on the topic “Thermal Conductivity of Polymer Composites” held on 14th May 2018
Expert Visit to MSRUAS for Academic Audit
Mr. Nandakumar M B, Associate Professor visited MSRUAS on 23-03-2018 as an expert in their academic quality audit process.
Faculty Development Program at Oxford College of Engineering
Following faculties attended two week faculty development program on “World Class New Product Design & Manufacturing” from 1.1.2018 to 13.1.2018
- Vijay T, Assistant Professor
- Divya G S, Assistant Professor
- Murgayya S B, Assistant Professor
- Kavya J T, Assistant Professor
Fire Safety Workshop
Lab instructor Manjunath N and Mahesh B R attended "Fire Safety" workshop conducted for Non Teaching Staff and Lab Instructors on 17.01.2018 at DSCE campus.
20th ISTE FACULTY CONVENTION-2017
Faculty members of the department participated in 20th ISTE Faculty Convention – 2017 on 09-12-2017 at Dr. Premachandra Sagar Auditorium.
Dr. H. N. Suresh, HOD, Automobile Engineering attended BOE meeting at UBDTCE, Davangere on 14.11.2017.
FDP PROGRAM FOR RESEARCH SCHOLARS:
Two days FDP program on Research Methodology and Presentation Skills for research scholars conducted on 18.11.2017 and 19.11.2017 in DSCE was attended by the concerned faculty members of Automobile Engineering.
ADAMYA CHETANA 100th CONSECUTIVE GREEN SUNDAY PLANTING TREE PROGRAM
DSCE in association with Adamya Chetana celebrating 100th Consecutive Green Sunday Planting Tree Program to commemorate this event as part of Sasyagraha. The Chairman of AICTE Dr. Anil Sahasrabudhe was the guest of honor. Staff and students of Automobile Engineering actively participated in the event held on 26.11.2017.
The Joint Training Center was inaugurated jointly by Dr. C.P.S Prakash Principal DSCE and Mr. Abhijit Kalianpur, BOSCH Senior General Manager, After sales/training, on 19-06-2017. An initiative taken by the department in commencing of Skill Development Program (SDP) as part of departmental proficiency center in collaboration with M/s BOSCH to train the students on Automotive Systems.
MOU - VOLVO
Mr. NiklasGustafsson, Chief Sustainability Officer, Volvo Group and, Chairman, Volvo Group India Private Limited, Kamal Bali, President and Managing director, Volvo Group India Private Limited. handed over ‘Driveline model’ to Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering (DSI), Bangalore on 25th September 2017, Monday and also signed a MOU with DSCE. Galiswamy, Secretary, DSI Dr. C P S Prakash, Principal, DSCE. Prof. R Janardhan, SEVP (DSI),Pro Vice chancellor (DSU) were present and graced the occasion.The other delegates from Volvo for the event Bengtsson Gunnar , M U Ganapathy, Raviraj Joseph, Rakesh Borah, Cherian Metzen, Paul Abraham, Priya Kulkarni, Rajesh Powar, Vijayadasa Udupa, Haribabu, Anjan YVK, R Senthilkumar were present over the function.
SIGNING OF MOU WITH BOSCH ON AUTOMOTIVE LEARNINGAn MOU with BOSCH on Automotive Learning, a Joint certification course with DSCE, Automobile Department was signed on 08/02/2017 at 11-00AM in Board Room by Principal, DSCE. and J Sundar, Head-Technical Support and Services, BOSCH, Shweta Magazine, Manager Technical Service and Support, BOSCH was also present during this occasion.
INAUGURATION OF SAEINDIA DSCE COLLEGIATE CLUBSAEINDIA DSCE Collegiate Club was inaugurated on 5th October, 2016 in DSCE AV auditorium at 10 AM by Sri. Mr. KP Murthy, Vice-Chairman SAEINDIA Bangalore Section.
- Divya G.S. Asst. Prof, Dept. of Automobile Engineering participated in Two Day Workshop on “Research Methodology” held at Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bengaluru in association with VTU, Belagavi during 21st& 22nd October, 2016.
- Mr. Vijay T, Asst Professor attended Pre-Conference Workshop on “Design & Analysis of Composite Structures” on 29th August, 2016 jointly organized by Dayananada Sagar University, Bangalore and The International Association for The Engineering Analysis Community at DSU campus.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Mechanical Sciences (Automobile Engineering)
Dr. Sekhar N has been awarded Doctoral degree for his thesis titled “Development of Thermally Sprayed High Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF) Inconel-718-Tiatania Composite Coating” on 27th May, 2016 during 15th VTU Annual Convocation held at Belagavi.
- Divya G S, Asst. Professor of Automobile Engineering Department has attended a one day workshop on ‘Fabrication, Testing, and Modeling of Advanced Composite Materials’ at NIE on 16th March, 2016. Guest for the function, Dr. Swaroop Bylahally Visweswaraiah, Structural Analysis Engineer, McGill University, Canada, inaugurated the event and discussed importance of advanced composites in modern era with the case study of fuel tank of helicopter. In the afternoon session, hands on training were provided for the fabrication of polymer based glass fiber reinforced composites.
- Prof. Sekar N has participated in the Faculty Development Program on “Global Food Situation and Developments in Education, Markets, Logistics, Production Systems, Biology and Engineering” held on January 13, 2016 at Alliance University.
- Two Day Workshop on “Welding Challenges in Automotive Engineering” 20-21 Feb, 2015, Organized by Automobile Engineering, DSCE and Indian Welding Society, Bangalore Centre
- Design and testing of aero models by M/s Jaypee Group conducted workshop from 14th -16th Sept 2012 for 150 students.
- International Conference on Convergence Science Engineering & Management Education & Research, Sept 2013, DSCE
Student Presentation Videos
- BEAM ENGINE Part- 1
- BEAM ENGINE Part- 2
- CONSTANT MESH GEARBOX
- DRAG LINK MECHANISM
- ELLIPTICAL TRAMMEL
- ROBERT'S STRAIGHT LINE MECHANISM
- SLIDER CRANK MECHANISM
- WATT STRAIGHT LINE MECHANISM
- Department staff and students celebrated ethnic day on 03-04-218.
- Students of VI & VIII semester participated, presented and published three papers in “International Conference on Trends in Industrial & Value Engineering, Business and Social Innovation” held between 02-04-2018 and 04-04-2018 at DSCE.
- Farewell to final year students by 2nd and 3rd year students was held on 19-04-2018 evening and Dr. C P S Prakash, Principal and Dr. H Ramakrishna, Vice Principal graced the occasion.
- Department staff and students celebrated ethnic day on 03-04-218.
- Electric Go Kart Design Challenge (e GKDC):
Nikhil Venkat M, Prathwish Mestha and Saathvik Satish of IV Semester participated in the above event held on 12th-16th February 2018 at Kari Motor Speedway, Coimbatore and were declared Runners-up.
- SAE – TVS EGA (Electrifying Green Aspirations) Competetion:TVS has donated new TVS Jupiter Vehicle to the team “NEBULA” of our department to be modified as a Hybrid Electric Vehicle to compete in SAE TVS EGA to be held in April 2018.
- CIL Programme:
- Students of 6th Semester attended CIL programme on 22-02-2018 organized by CIL, DSCE.
- Students of 4th Semester attended CIL programme on 28-02-2018 organized by CIL, DSCE.
- VTU Rank Holders of 2013-2017
HOD, Staff and Students of Automobile Engg.,Department congratulate the following on their achievements.
Sl. No. Name Photo Rank Percentage 1 MdLaeeq Ahmed 1 80.23 % 2 Niranjan M 3 78.26% 3 Abhishek Dinesh 5 77.91% 4 Rajath R Jain 6 77.80% 5 Nithesh Kumar V 8 76.96%
- Shrinish T S of 2012-2016 batch, bagged IV Rank in VTU.
Sl. No. USN Name Rank % Photo 1. 1DS12AU049 SHRINISH T.S. IV 78.32 %
- Automobile Engineering students of batch 2011-2015, have secured five VTU Ranks. This is the third consecutive batch bagging the gold medal.
Sl. No. USN Name Rank % 1. 1DS11AU033 Raj Kamal I 81.22 2. 1DS11AU020 Kavan Hegde IV 77.80 3. 1DS11AU013 Dhanush H Krishnan VI 75.59 4. 1DS11AU052 Sriyansh Kumar jain VII 75.22 5. 1DS11AU014 Gaurav nayak s X 74.49
- INDUSTRIAL VISITS: on 26th and 27th of April were organized for VI and IV sem students to M/S SANSERA Engineering Co. Ltd.
- National Design Competition: CADD centre has conducted “National Design Competition- to identify the right talents” for 4th semester students on 29/02/16. Following students are selected in the 1st round and CADD Centre is providing free training for them for the 2nd round.
Selected Students list as follows:
- Kunal Chudasama
- Manoj Kumar V N
- Akash Kuber
- Mohammed Abrar
- Shah Faizan
- Manohar M
- Karthik Raja R
- Aditya Vikraman
- Rakshith B R
- Niraj Bothra
INDUSTRIAL VISIT: IV sem Students of Automobile Engineering Department had an industrial visit to KSRTC Workshop at Kengeri on 16th Feb, 2016.Various repairs and reconditioning, body building and painting shops were shown and explained during the visit.
- Students demonstrated their working model projects for the purpose of experiencing life for a day in a University Campus, for the invited dignitaries, staff, and students of various schools and colleges at the exhibition held at DSU Innovation Campus, Kudlu Gate, Hosur main road, Bengaluru from 5-8 January, 2016.