To be a role model to serve the Nation’s needs by encouraging the study of Chemistry as a means for improving the condition of mankind by ameliorating his environment.
- To adopt the best pedagogical methods in order to maximize knowledge transfer.
- To have adequate mechanisms to enhance understanding of Implementation of theoretical concepts in practical scenarios
- To carry out high quality research leading to the creation of knowledge and of intellectual property.
- To provide the best facility, infrastructure, and environment to its students, researchers and faculty members.
- To impart professional ethics and an approach towards inter- disciplinary thinking by providing them with educational and research opportunities between Chemistry and other fields of study.
The department Vision - Mission statements are formulated in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department keeping Institutional goals and objectives under consideration.
From the HOD's Desk:
Department of Engineering Chemistry was established in the year 1979 and is one of the oldest departments of DSCE. The department offers courses for first year BE and second year Chemical Engineering. Department also offers Ph.D. degree in various specializations of Chemistry.
The Department is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure which includes a VTU research center, affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi. The department is currently executing a research project from VGST under the scheme CESEM. The department holds many publications in peer-reviewed international journals with high impact factor. Department of Chemistry has MOU for Research and holds an institutional membership with Electrochemical Society of India, IISc campus. The faculty is experienced, committed, highly qualified with Doctorates in various specializations. Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. Industry Institute interaction is nurtured by organizing and coordinating frequent industrial visits, Expert Lectures and Seminars.
Dr. K. S. Anantha Raju
Professor & HOD
Phone : +91-80-42161700
Google Scholar : View Citations