A Report of the Expert Talk entitled “Time to talk”
Department of Chemistry in association with Department of Mechanical Engineering had jointly organized an expert talk entitled “Time to talk” for the students of DSCE on 16th October, 2017 at 11.00 am.
The initiative had been launched with the aim to educate the students about the ill effects of alcoholism and substance abuse on the individual, the family and society at large.
Dr.K.S.Anantharaju, Associate Professor and HOD, Department of Chemistry, welcomed the gathering and introduced the speaker and the topic of the lecture. The Speaker for the lecture was, Dr. G.P. Gururaj MBBS, MD (Psychiatry), Consultant Psychiatrist, Axon specialty Hospital, Bengaluru, Karnataka, which is a place committed to excellence and quality and has an established reputation for offering the very best in private healthcare.
A Report of the Expert Talk At Inauguration of Yoga Classes
Department of Chemistry in association with Department of Computer Science Engineering inaugurated the Yoga Classes for the students and faculty of DSCE on 14th October, 2017 at 11.00 am.
The initiative had been launched with the aim to help the participants understand the psychologically significant aspects of the Yoga tradition so that a more comprehensive and effective psychological system could be evolved and applied for self-development.
The Speaker for the lecture was, Mrs. Shantala Madhu, Yoga Expert, Founder, Sri Yoga Center, and Bengaluru which is a place where psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, and psychiatric social workers work tirelessly for the betterment of patients. This hospital, integrates both neurology and psychiatry, and is one of its kind in Bangalore.
Dr.K.S.Anantharaju, Associate Professor and HOD, Department of Chemistry, welcomed the gathering and introduced the speaker and the topic of the lecture.
A Report of the Guest Lecture on “RECENT ADVNACES IN ELECTROCHEMISTRY ”
Department of Chemistry had organized a guest lecture on “RECENT ADVNACES IN ELECTROCHEMISTRY” for the students and faculty of DSCE on 7th October, 2017 at 11.00 am at Dr. C.D. Sagar auditorium, DSCE campus, Bengaluru.
The initiative had been launched with the aim of providing a platform to empower the students and faculty with the knowledge of energy demand and the concern about environment.
Dr.K.S.Anantharaju, Associate Professor and HOD, Department of Chemistry, welcomed the gathering and introduced the speaker and the topic of the lecture. The Speaker for the lecture was, Dr. N. Munichandraiah, Professor, IISc, Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Bangalore.
A Report of the Expert Talk on “Mental Health and Stress Management”
Department of Chemistry in association with Department of Mechanical Engineering had jointly organized a expert talk on “Mental health and stress management” for the faculty of DSCE on 6th June, 2017 at 11.00 am.
The initiative had been launched with the aim of providing a platform to empower the faculty with the knowledge of coping up with stress in today’s competitive world and motivate the students for channeling their focus for a better academic performance.
Dr. K. S. Anantharaju, Associate Professor and HOD, Department of Chemistry, welcomed the gathering, introduced the speaker and the topic of the lecture.
IISC OPEN DAY VISIT
- On 4th March, 2017 annually IISc conducts its open day where students get an amazing opportunity to explore application based science works, this will help to ignite the spark of curiosity in them, which further leads to great inventions.
- This year, 44 students under the supervision of Dr. K. S. Anantharaju, HOD Department Chemistry, visited IISc Open Day.
- We started our journey from DSCE at 10.00 am in bus facility provided by college. During the journey in, Sir gave us instructions about the visit and explained the goal of our visit which was to inspire us, to make us aware of current scenario in our respective and interested fields.
- We reached the venue around 11.15am after which we dispersed into small groups as it would help us to cover more departments and to get maximum benefit of our visit.
- Various programs were being conducted in all departments such as computer science, E&C, Nanotechnology, Physics, Chemistry and many more. We participated in these activities cordially and experienced the fascination of science and technology.
- Here are few of the photos of different working models, experiments and all other activities which were going on at IISc..
- One of the faculties holds the credit for his 8 papers being cited in ACS, chemical review papers with impact factor 37.36.
- Transfer of a VGST grant of Rs. 60 lakhs to the department is in process.
- Organized national conference on “Advanced Functional Materials” on December 4th and 5th, 2015 in honour of Padma Shri Prof. A. K. Sood, FRS, an eminent Indian Physicist from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore .
- Publishing in peer reviewed international journals with high impact factor.
- Achieving more than 95% pass in first year Engineering Chemistry subject consistently.
- Three of the faculties are recognized as research guides in Mangalore University.
Demonstration of Particle analyzer instrument to the research scholars, faculty of Dept. of Chemistry, Biotechnology, Mechanical and Pharmacy
PROJECT MODEL ON “RAIN WATER HARVESTING AND AUTOMATIC WATER PUMP”
Rain water harvesting mainly involves the accumulation and deposition of rain water for re-use rather than allowing it to get wasted. Rain water can be preferably collected from roofs and canals. The collected water could be redirected to a deep pit (well), or any reservoir. This water can be used for watering gardens, irrigation and domestic purposes with a suitable treatment. The harvested water can be used as drinking water and its long term storage is a potential form of ground water restoration. The basic idea of this project is to prevent the wastage of rain water through ideal harvesting methods
Industrial Visit to Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum (VITM):
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering arranged an industrial visit for first year Engineering students to Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum, Bengaluru. It was constructed in the Cubbon Park, housing various scientific experiments and engines.
Students were exposed to:
- The importance of Nanotechnology
- The fundamentals and working mechanism of some machines through interactive exhibits.
- Exhibits on basics of Biotechnology and its applications.
- Exhibits on basic Electronics and its practical applications.
- The Rocket science and the history of space exploration in Space Gallery.
- Exhibits on engines of various cars, machines used in industry, a jet aircraft engine, and other mechanical devices.