The Department of Electronics and Communication comprises of talented faculties with sound technical knowledge in various areas of specialization. Each faculty is engaged in imparting the best knowledgeto students with various activities correlated to the Curriculum and Industry requirements.
- Prof. Anitha V has applied for a Patent in the field of Communication.
- Various Grants have been sanctioned from the organizations like ISRO, DST-IEDC and DRDO.
- Industrial visits are arranged.
- Workshops and Seminars are conducted to enrich the students with industry related technical knowledge and hands on experience.
- Three MoUs have been signed with companies like M/s. Gill Instruments Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore, M/s. Pragathi – Centre for Enhanced Learning and M/s. Starcom Information Technology Ltd, Bangalore.
Industrial Visit Details for Academic Years
The students of Electronics and Communication Department are dynamic and talented both in academic and extra co curricular activities.
Few of the achievements to list are :-
Intercollegiate Technical Competition
The City College of Engineering conducted a Intercollegiate Technical Competition “TECHWIZARD” on 08th of May 2017 where in 47 different college students had participated in the event. The students of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, bagged the 1st and 2nd second position in the Technical Quiz competition and made the College and Department proud of its achievements.
The following are the students who won the awards
NAME USN Place Akshay B P 1DS14EC017 1st Place Chandan Kumar 1DS14EC036 Boudhayan Dev 1DS14EC035 Anjali R 1DS14EC021 2nd Place Apoorva Rao 1DS14EC025 Ankita Singh 1DS14EC023
The MATLAB Debugging competition was organised by the ECE dept. on the 19th and 20th of October, 2015, a co-curricular event that was held exclusively for the students of 5th semester ECE, to test their proficiency in the course related subject of MATLAB and to bring interactive, entertaining, competitiveness to the process of learning MATLAB. MATLAB tool can be used for a wide variety of technical simulations, signal processing and so on.
- MATLAB Debugging:
- Ms. Abhilasha N S bagged 1st rank in Digital Electronics and Communication, a specialization in post graduate exams of the university