- Dr Amritpal S Sagoo, Head of the Department, Construction Management & Quantity Surveying, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom visited the Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering Bangalore -78 on 9/9/19. He had an interaction with the Dr. C.P.S Prakash, Principal & Dr H.K.Ramaraju and Other senior faculty members of the Department of Civil Engineering.
- The discussion was centred on the areas of research particularly with communities living in slum areas and deprived neighbourhoods across Bangalore. The Central theme of proposed project is to train and equip local communities with entrepreneurial skills for developing self-build affordable housing using off-site housing techniques and concepts of lean construction.
- A preliminary discussion has been held along with Principal, HOD of the Civil Engineering Department & Staff. Further meeting will be conducted during October 2019 to formalise research and MoU’s.
- Department of Civil Engineering got 90,000 Rs grant from National Disaster Management authority for seminar symposium under the title "Mitigation strategies for lifeline structures during Natural Disasters" by Mrs. Meghashree M S.
- Department of Civil Engineering and team on getting recognition for their outstanding work and active participation in students chapter activities of "Indian water works association". Dept. has received the recognition at 51 st Convocation of IWWA at Indore,Madhya Pradesh on 18.1.2018. Compliments to all student members of DSCE-IWWA..
- Department of Civil Engineering has got grants from the reputed organization (SERB).Science and Engineering Research Board has sanctioned Rs. 1,00,000/- for the conduction of Seminar Symposia on "Natural Bio-polymer as an Eco-efficient construction material"
- Department of Civil Engineering has sanctioned Rs:5000/- Student Project Programme. (SPP - 41st SERIES : 2017 - 2018). Under the title of "Removal of Fluoride by Low Cost Technique".
- Department of Civil Engineering has a sanctioned project entitled " A case study on effect of coastal Oil and Chemical Intrusion on Compaction and Consolidation Behaviour of Mangalore Soil and Water" for that Application are invited for the post of JRF, candidates having B.E. (Civil), M.E/M.Tech (Environmental/Water Resources/Geo Technical) may submit their CV to the Department of Civil Engineering, DSCE, Bangalore on or before 30/04/2018.
- Department of Civil Engineering, DSCE has got Project sanctioned for Rs:11,23,000/- for title "Work, Time and Motion Study" from Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, Govt. of Karnataka.
- Karnataka State Pollution Control Board has sanctioned Rs. 1,00,000/- for the conduction of Seminar Symposia on "Solid Waste Management:Segregation and Decentralized Treatment - Mitigation Measures" and Minor Irrigation and Ground Water Development Department has sanctioned Rs.50,000/- for conducting "National workshop on "Sustainable Development and Management of Water
- Department of Civil Engineering has got Rs.1,00,000/- grant from Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) for Seminar Symposia under the titled "Sustainable Advanced Wastewater treatment Technologies” by Prof B.T.Shivendra and Mr. Vinay A.
- H K RAMARAJU,presented a paper on “Human risk in relation to groundwater from on- site sanitation systems –A case study in sub-urban areas of Karnataka, South India” in the international conference on “Resources for the future Generations-2018 (RFG-2018)”. This Presentation was held at Vancouver, BC, Canada. The conference was held on June 16th to 21st June 2018. It was organized by International Union of Geological Sciences (IUGS-A premier conference on Energy, Minerals, Water and Earth).
- H K RAMARAJU, HOD, Civil department visited to U.S J. Hugh Jackson Library Rosenberg corporate research center.
- H K RAMARAJU., Pollution Potential Mechanisms of Urban Aquifers of Greater Bangalore using Remote Sensing Techniques -A case study ,Karnataka, South India. Presented the paper at the 35 th International Geological Congress, held at Cape Town , South Africa ,27 Aug-3 September 2016.
- J. Ranjitha and Dr. M. R. Rajashekara, “Laboratory Investigation On The Improvement Of Subgrade Characteristics Of Black Cotton Soil Using Nailing Technique”, 12th Conference on Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries (TPMDC), organized by the Transportation Systems Engineering (TSE) group at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, held during 19th – 21st Dec 2016.
- Nagaraj Sitaram, Abhishek M., and Vinay A. participated and presented paper titled "Utilization of waste tyre & tube rubber as partial replacement of FA & CA in Cement Concrete" at the second International on concrete and construction technology organized by the society of Information Processing, Bangalore and Vijaya Vittala Institute of Technology, Bangalore, and won the best paper award.
- K.V MANOJ KRISHNA, H K RAMARAJU and B.T.SHIVENDRA received SECOND BEST PAPER AWARD for paper entitled” Compaction and Consolidation behavior of soil near soak pit region around sub-urban areas of Bangalore” in National conference ETET-2016 held at Jyothi Insitute of Technology on 11th and 12th March 2016.
- K.V MANOJ KRISHNA and H.N.RAMESH received IGS-Smt.Indra Joshi Biannual Prize for the BEST PAPER AWARD on “Enviornmental Geotechnology” for the year 2012-2013 for the paper entitled “Strength Behavior of Lime Treated Black Cotton Soil Reinforced with Coir Fiber in presence of Calcium Chloride”.
- National Workshop On “Water And Sustainable Development” 26th March 2015. Defence Research And Development Organization (New Delhi) and Rural Development and Panchayath Raj Department (Govt. of Karnataka)Workshop Organized to Celebrate World Water Day at Dr. D. Premachandra Sagar Auditorium
- Awareness Programme on “Swatch Bharath Abhiyan was conducted on ”6th February 2015.,DSCE.,Dr. H.K.Ramaraju, Prof. B.T. Shivendra and all the staff of Civil Engineering Department, Government Higher Primary Boys School, Melukote, Pandavapura Taluq, Mandya District.
- Faculty Development Workshop on “Technology Trends for Developing Infrastructure for Smart Cities” Feb 19-23,2015.,DSCE.,One Day Faculty Development Workshop
- National workshop on Water and Energy; 21-03-2014, DSCE, IWWA, RDPR & Krishna Bhagya Jala Nigam Ltd, One Day workshop held at Dr. D. Premachandra Sagar auditorium, DSCE
- Repair & Rehabilitation of a Jetty at Chennai Port Trust and Desalination Plant at Lakshadweep. Tuesday, 29th April, 2014, ICI (KBC)-FOSROC Endowment Lecture, Attended by faculty, M.Tech students and students of 4th semester Civil Engineering
- Frugal Engineering Innovations for Sustainable Built Environment, 15-09-2014,DSCE, IWWA, BBMP, IPHE, One day National Workshop organized at
Dr. D. Premachandra Sagar Auditorium, DSCE
ACCE(I) Bangalore Centre Student Merit Award for the year 2019.
Department of Civil Engineering congratulation to Ms. S SHRUTHI, a student from Dayananda sagar college of Engineering studied in the Department of Civil Engineering, bearing Register Number USN: 1DS15CV134 has been conferred this year’s Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India) Bangalore Centre’s Student Merit Award Instituted by the Bangalore Centre of Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India).
The award will be conferred on the student on Wednesday, 25th September 2019. The venue for the award function is NIMHANS Convention Centre, Hosur Road, Bangalore.
Civil Engineering Academic Excellence Awards sponsored by Silver Jubilee Alumni
Civil Engineering Academic Excellence Awards sponsored by Silver Jubilee Alumni (Batch of 1994) – Awarded to students on Graduation Day August 3rd 2019.Click here to see the complete report..
42nd series seminar and exhibition of student project programme july 2019.
Karnataka state council for science and technology (KSCST), Bengaluru and KLE Dr. M.S Sheshgiri college of engineering and technology, Belagavi – a State Level seminar and project exhibition organized by KSCST Bengaluru. 7 students from Civil engineering department belonging to 8th semester of DSCE had participated in various events. Over 400 students from 60 colleges across state had participated in this symposium. Our students won in project exhibition as “Best project of the year” 2019 in civil engineering department.
The following is the summary of awards bagged by our students:
Sl.no Event Students participated Faculty Guide Awards Date 1 Project Exhibition Owais Ahamed Sunil C L 1st place 26/07/2019 to 27/07/2019
IIT Delhi Conference winners.
A report contents got 1st position in the watch the road which was conducted as a part of the 2nd International Conference on Safer Mobilty,2019 organized by IRSC on 30th to 31st May 2019 at IIT Delhi.
Silver Jubilee Alumni Sponsored Excellence Awards sponsored by Mr.Naveen Mehta and Mr. Gopal Khandelwal.
For the batch of 2015-2019 of Civil Engineering Department. The following students are selected for the cash awards on the occasion of Graduation Day (03/08/2019).
- Award for academic excellence - Ms. Shruthi S (1DS15CV134)
- Award for Higher studies (Male) - Mr Sharana Gouda (1DS15CV122)
- Award for Higher studies (Female) - Ms. Shraddha S Maller - (1DS15CV127)
- Department of Civil Engineering congratulates for Dev Anand Thakur bearing USN 1DS14CV030 for securing 7th Rank in Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) for 18th Annual Convocation.
Anveshana Program 2018
Department of Civil Engineering 8th Semester Students won Rs: 5,000/- in Anveshana Program 2018 held on 28th February 2018 at Shikshakara Sadana, Opp. Kaveri Bhavan, K.G Road Bangalore.
- Bagged 3 university ranks in Postgraduate program for the year 2014-2015
- Bagged 2 university ranks in undergraduate program for the year 2014-2015
- Mr. Bipul Vaibhav of 8th semester secured All India rank of 1102 in GATE 2015
- News letter (Gate Way) was published from the department of Civil Engineering in association with students and faculties.
- Cricket Tournament was conducted on 28/03/2015 at the playground near NRI canteen. This tournament was participated by the students of civil engineering department.
- Cultural activities was carried out on 26/03/2015 evening at Dr. D. Premachandra Sagar Auditorium participated by the students of Civil Engineering department.