MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING – INDIA MEDTRONIC PVT. LTD.
Memorandum of understanding was signed on 7th June 2021 between Mr. T. C. L. Narayana, National Service Manager, India sub-continent, Medtronic and Dr. C P S Prakash, Principal, DSCE, Bangalore. Medtronic shall provide training, curriculum material for 3 models of Medtronic Ventilators; namely, PB560, PB840 and PB980 and DSCE shall provide Medical Electronic branch students on volunteer basis for remotely supporting operations of Medtronic Ventilators installed in various locations of India
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Memorandum of understanding was signed on 5th of February 2021 between CEO Mr. Vinayak K.S., C-Cube Advanced Technologies and Dr. C P S Prakash, Principal, DSCE, Bangalore. MOU is about internship, project support, mutual technical support between the company and Medical Electronics Department, DSCE, Bangalore. C-Cube ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES based in Bangalore is a company renowned for manufacturing and supply of Medical equipment related to neonatology, dermatology, cosmetology and dental and procedure chairs. They also provide consultancy services for quality management system certification for healthcare centre.
GE – DSI COLLABORATION – JOINT SKILL DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE:
The purpose of this collaboration is to provide best in class learning aspects for students of DSI to help them provide best industry outcome. The courses are a combination of theory and hands – on training. Advanced healthcare skill simulation lab is been set up for the students. The various courses will cover the following topics: Anesthesia ventilator machine, Ultrasound monitor, X-ray, Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Leadership development. The courses will span from 2nd year to 4th year of Engineering.
InfyTQ, by Infosys, is a next-generation learning and engagement platform for engineering students in India geared to help them increase their technology quotient and be industry-ready upon completing their graduate studies. A pioneer in transforming fresh campus recruits into quality software professionals through its world-renowned training program, Infosys has developed InfyTQ for students to engage closely with the company while learning technologies that are relevant for day and for the future. With InfyTQ, students can benefit from the always-on, anytime-anywhere learning catered, through a continuous transfer of digital skills and expertise from the Infosys innovation ecosystem. INFOSYS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM aims to offer employment opportunities to the final year candidates who will be graduating. Candidates from BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MSc / MCA from all the departments are eligible for infosys certification exam / test. Students who clears the exam will get an opportunity to attend the infosys off campus drive and will be designated the position of System Engineer. The Infosys Certification program is an examination to test industry readiness by determining students knowledge in Programming and Databases. The portal also aims to provide many interesting competitions such as hackathons.
WIPRO LIMITED MISSION10X:
Mission10X is a not-for-profit trust of Wipro, launched on September 5, 2007, with an aim to enhance the employability skills of engineering graduates in India. It aims to achieve this by collaborating with academicians & leading educational institutions across the country. The Mission10X Learning Approach empowers engineering faculty with innovative teaching techniques using which they can help learners in imbibing higher level of understanding of subjects, application of concepts learned and development of key behavioral skills.
TCS CodeVita, is a contest for engineering and science students to experience the joy of coding and to sharpen their programming skills through real-life computing practices. The contest also aims at identifying the talent, besides providing the student community, an opportunity to earn peer recognition. TCS CodeVita has been proudly promoting the Programming-As-A-Sport culture among global students. CodeVita is a contest where individuals across the globe participate and compete to win the coveted ‘World’s Best Coder’ title.
INSTRUMENT SOCIETY OF INDIA (ISOI), INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE (IISC), BENGALURU – STUDENT CHAPTER
The Instrument Society of India (ISOI) headquartered at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru is a society for providing a forum for professionals interested in development of instruments and instrumentation systems. The department of Medical Electronics at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering houses a student chapter of the ISOI that was started in 2016 with a vision to act as a bridge between the department and various industries. It organizes various programs for the members in the form of workshops and conferences, technical talks from experts, hackathons, industrial visits and skill development activities for enabling the students to be ready for the industry. Along with improving the technical knowledge, the society is constantly striving towards overall personality development of the students.
Apart from the technical activities, the Department of Medical Electronics is actively involved in the overall development of students through various extra-curricular activities like social, cultural and sports events through its student club, 'AIKYA'. Since its inception in 2013, the club has been involved in various activities for supporting social causes. It has been collaborating with many NGOs for supporting orphanages, old-age homes and homes for differently abled kids. A paper collection drive was conducted to raise funds for social causes. During 2018-19, an electoral awareness campaign was conducted at the institute to create awareness among students about the importance of voting, ahead of the Indian general elections.
The technical club AMEYA which means boundless established in the year 2022 This club aims to build innovation, thinking and a positive learning environment for the enthusiastic students who are curious to learn and build their knowledge.
- Final year project titled “Glove rupture detection system using skin impedance” of student group Sanjana Sampige, Shreya S.N, Samyutha Bhaskar Anusha G.N, under the guidance of Prof. S. Nanditha H.G. was awarded Best Paper of the IEEE International conference on the confluence of advancements in Robotics, vision and Interdisciplinary technology management IC-RVITM 23 Organised by RV Institute of Technology and management Bengaluru on 28 & 29 November 2023
- Second year students Rakshit Preran B, Ashrita Dikshit V A, Poojitha S, Vinay K V presented the project idea on TENSify: A Spasm Relief device and won the first prize with the prize money of Rs.2000 at - Mini Anveshana-Project idea presentation on Science and technology in association with IEEE Student Branch SVCE, IETE Bengaluru, and IIC Cell, SVCE.
- The 6th-semester students Mr. Likhith L, Mr. K A Shree Vignesh and Mr. Venkatesh Perumal have secured Honorary Mention for their project titled “Gait and Dynamic Balance Measuring Device” under the Guidance of Prof. Nanditha H G, Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Electronics Engineering, DSCE at the IEEE YESIST Project Competition held at AASTMT Institute, Alexandria, Egypt, on September 2nd and 3rd, 2023. Read more..
- Gowri B Karanth from 3rd semester of Medical Electronics Department participated and won in (NYSF) National Yoga Sports Federation National Level Competition in Guwahati Assam held from 27.01,2023 to 31.01.2023
- Final year project titled “DYSMENORRHEA RELIEVER AND POSTURE SUPPORT BELT WITH A COMBINATION OF HEAT AND VIBRATION THERAPY” of student group Ms. HIMA RAVINDRA, Mr. CHESLA ALDHU, Mr. SARVESETTY SAI ASHISH and Ms. SOWMYASHREE H, under the guidance of Prof. S. Hema Priyadarshini was awarded Best Project of the year by KARNATAKA STATE COUNCIL FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (KSCST) under the programme of 45th Series of Student Project Programme 2021-2022.
- Congratulations to Surabhi A.S. for being recognized as an NPTEL ENTUSISAST and BELIEVER
- Congratulations to all the 7th semester students who have got placed during 2016-17.
- Department of Medical Electronics has bagged 2 UG University ranks for the academic year 2016 – 17 and a total of 40 UG University ranks till date
- Mr. Sachin Anchan, alumnus of the Department is an entrepreneur and co-founder of Geek Synergy who has been featured and felicitated by various organizations for his innovation ‘Air Paper’.
- Mr. Shaik Imam Ahmed and Mr. Girish Koulagi are alumni of the Department and Founders of Healed Labs India Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Nosthush Kenjige won the best cricket player award held in Bangalore.
- Ms. Monika Rajashekar and Ms. Roopa Jagadish were nominated for the Guiness book of records for playing musical instruments.
- Uterine Contraction Detection was nominated as the best project of 2016 during the Project Exhibition organized at DSCE.
Team: Darshitha. C. S., Seema. K. S., Karthik. H. R., Shaik Haseeb Rahman .
Guide: Prof. Deepa Bhandarkar.