Rules and regulations
- The library rules are introduced to regularize the use of the library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs.
- This library follows Open Access System hence books taken out of the racks shall not be replaced. They should be left only on the table.
- The issued books should be returned within the due date. Later if they want they may go for renewal on or before due date. After the due date fine will be charged.
- The staff/students are must to return the books as and when they are called back by the Librarian.
- Before borrowing the book, the member must make sure that the book lent is in good condition and the page numbers are intact.
- If a book is not returned when due, another book will not be issued.
- Members should not write or make any mark on any book/ back volume/ journals taken out for the consultation or on loan.
- The borrower shall be responsible for any damage or loss caused to the library documents borrowed by him/her. In case a book is lost by a student, it has to be reported to the librarian immediately in writing. If the book cannot be traced out within 2 weeks, the borrower will be asked to either replace such material or to pay 3 times the cost of the book.
- If the book/resource forms a part of a series/volume, the borrower will be charged for the replacement of the entire set. No appeal for any concession will be entertained.
- The arrangements of chair and other furniture in the reading room should not be disturbed.
- All users are requested to produce their ID card to the Library staff if required.
- All users are requested to observe complete silence inside the library. If conversations become necessary, that should be in low toned only.
- No user shall deface the library books by underlining, scribbling notes in the margins etc.
- Library books are the nation's assets and belong to all. All users are required to protect library books against damage, mutilation, theft and other malpractices.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
- Folders, files, personal and issued books etc., should be kept in the Property counter provided at the entrance. These should not be taken into the library.
- Helmets and sports items are not allowed inside the library
- Usage of Cell phones is strictly prohibited inside the Library, if found serious action will be taken. They have to keep the Cell phone in 'SILENCE' mode when they are inside the Library.
- Do not keep valuable items inside the bags.
- Eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- Student college dress code is applicable to library also.
|Library and Information Centre|
About Our Library