The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) is one of the major and principal department of Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering since its inception in 1979. The EEE department started with an intake of 50 students in the year 1979 under Bangalore University and later the intake has been increased to 120 in the year 2006 under Visvesvaraya Technological University. During the same year i.e. 2006, M.Tech program in Power Electronics was started to cater the needs of power electronic industry. In last three decades the department has transformed in terms of expertise, infrastructure and capacity.
The Department is well respected, recognized and was accredited twice by AICTE, NBA-New Delhi. The department is permanently affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). The Department offers comprehensive programs, four years of undergraduate course (B.E.) , two years of Post Graduate (M.Tech-Power Electronics) course and Research / Doctoral Program i.e. PhD/M.Sc (Engg.) by research.
- Mr. Balaji Ramakrishna S - Assistant professor, EEE department has participated and presented paper in IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EMERGING RESEARCH IN ELECTRONICS, COMPUTER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (ICERECT-2015), P.E.S.C.E - Mandya on 17th to 19th december 2015, Sponsored by - IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Bangalore Section &TEQUIP.
- Mrs. Madhura S - Assiatant professor, EEE has participated in one week workshop on "Recent trends in video analytics" at MSRIT- Bangalore during 4th jan 2016 to 9 th jan 2016.
- Mr. Raghunath Reddy - Assiatant professor has participated in one week faculty development program on "Wide Area Measurement & its Applications – Paradigm shift from X-Ray to MRI" from January 19-23, 2016 held at NIE Mysuru.
The Department has fine blend of renowned, young and dynamic faculty members. This includes six faculty members with doctoral degrees, from reputed universities like Indian Institute of Science, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Anna University and Virginia Tech (USA) with following specializations.
|Sl No||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Department||Area of Research|
|1.||Dr.K.Shanmukha Sundar||Prof & HOD||EEE||Power system operation and control, FACTS controller optimization, Power electronics converters and drives.|
|2.||Dr.P.Usha||Professor||EEE||HVDC Power Transmission systems|
|3.||Dr.Dhanalakshmi.R||Professor||EEE||Power system control, Renewable energy conversion systems using power electronics ,power system, drives|
|5.||Dr.Vasanthakumar S||Professor||EEE||Power system, FACTS controllers and drives|
The EEE Department is recognized as R & D Centre by VTU which offers Doctoral programme (PhD) and M.Sc.(Engg.) by research. Besides, the department has state-of-the-art Research laboratory, Computing facility, Library and supporting Infrastructure.The department has been executing various funded projects
- Grant Achieved from Central Power Research Institute CPRI
- Grant Achieved from Karnataka state council for science and technology (KSCST)
- Grant Achieved from Department of Science and Technology (DST)
BOOKS PUBLISHED BY THE FACULTY
- Dr. B.N.Sarkar, Professor of EEE Dept., has authored a book titled Advanced Control Systems, published by PHI Learning Private Limited, Delhi-110092
- M.Yogesh, B.S. Nagaraja, N.Nandan authored the book titled “Computer Aided Electrical Drawing” published by PHI Learning Private Limited, Delhi-110092,
(i) RANKS ACHIEVED BY STUDENTS
|Sl No||Name of the Student||USN||Percentage||Class||Rank||Year||Photo|
|1||KANUPRIYA||1DS13EE036||84.84||B E (UG)||5||2017|
|2||SHREEYAS PRAVIN||1DS13EE090||84||B E (UG)||8||2017|
|3||ABHISHEK ANAND||1DS12EE001||85.39||B E (UG)||5||2016|
|4||ALOK ANAND||1DS12EE009||85.19||B E (UG)||7||2016|
|5||ABHISHEK ANAND||1DS12EE002||84.99||B E (UG)||9||2016|
|6||ANIKET SINHA||1DS12EE013||84.75||B E (UG)||10||2016|
|8||1DS14EPE005||Deepika H||84.42||M.Tech (PG)||2||2016|
|9||1DS09EE067||Poorna B.S||86.99||B E (UG)||2||2013|
|10||1DS07EE098||Tripurari Mohan Mishra||82.49||B E (UG)||7||2011|
|11||1DS07EE006||Aditya Nagaraj Maskeri||82||B E (UG)||10||2011|
|12||1DS09LPE12||Nethra A.S||83.21||M.Tech (Power Electronics)||3||2011|
|13||1DS03EE031||Karthik Ramachandran||82||B E (UG)||10||2007|