Dr. B G Prasad Chairman IQAC, DSCE
Dr. B G Prasad, The Chairman of the IQAC , DSCE is of the opinion that the diverse experience, knowledge and skills of these members would go a long way in accomplishing the aims and objectives of DSCE - IQAC.
Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering has been accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council [NAAC] under cycle II with CGPA of 3.20 on four point scale at ‘A’ grade valid up to for a period of five years till 27thJune, 2027.
DSCE has been accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council [NAAC] with CGPA of 3.42 on four point scale at ‘A’ grade valid upto July 10, 2021. The NAAC Peer team in its final report had desired that DSCE should have an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) for quality assurance and continuous improvement. The NAAC has also proposed that every accredited institution should establish an IQAC as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. During October 2013, the NAAC have notified a revised guideline of IQAC and submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR). As per the guidelines, the institutions need to submit yearly the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to NAAC. A functional Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and timely submission of Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQARs) are the Minimum Institutional Requirements (MIR) to volunteer for second, third or subsequent cycle’s accreditation.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
|Chairperson: Head of the Institution
||Dr. B G Prasad, Principal
|TEACHERS TO REPRESENT ALL LEVEL (THREE TO EIGHT)
|Dr.H K Ramaraju
||Vice Principal, Member
|Dr. D . R Ramesh Babu
||Vice Principal, Member
||Vice Principal, Member
|Dr. A. R. Aswatha
|Dr. Keshav Murthy
||HOD, Mechanical Engg., Member
|Dr. K. S. Anantha Raju
|Dr. C. M.Joseph
||HOD, Physics, Member
||Associate Professor EC
|Mr. Shahji Patil
||Assitant Professor CV
|One member from the management
||Sri. Galiswamy, Secretary
|FEW SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS
|Mr.B S Sudhakar
||Manager, Accounts, Member
|Mr. Guru venkatesh
||Chief Academic Officer, Member
|Dr.Johnson C . David
||Chief Librarian, Member
|ONE NOMINEE EACH FROM LOCAL SOCIETY, STUDENTS AND ALUMNI
||Dr. Sangappa, Director(Adm) KSIT
||Mr. Vinay, Chemical Engg
||Mr.Adil, Shell bangalore Innovation Centre
|ONE NOMINEE EACH FROM EMPLOYERS/INDUSTRIALISTS
||Mr.Pramod M V , Mind Tree
||Mr.G N Murthy, Director, Banashankari chemicals Pvt. Ltd
|Coordinator/Director the IQAC
||Dr. R. Ravishankar HOD Chemical DSCE
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected / initiated from the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes /activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders.
The composition of the IQAC are as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution.
- A few senior administrative officers.
- Three to eight teachers.
- One member from the Management.
- One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni.
- One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders.
- One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
NAAC Certificates & Downloads